Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wiki what?

I love wikis. For years I've used Wikipedia and wikiHow. Although the information may not always be accurate, do to the number of people who might be writing, I've always found them to be fun. it's a way for a community to interact. Taking a look at some library wikis let me roll around in my mind the thought of using one for our library. I think it would be a really great way for people to be able to express their interests and give feedback about the library and the programs we offer. I think its also really neat to be able to update incorrect information.

I really liked the Library Success website with their list of librarians with IM features for those who want to network or neeed help.

I also explored the Stevens County Wiki Project and the way they encourage their patrons to get involved, to add to the wiki and to learn.

No comments: